This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
We performed neurophysiological studies in 12 patients with the Leigh syndrome (6 pathologically confirmed and 6 clinically diagnosed). The results are compared with data derived from a literature survey of 173 Leigh syndrome patients. We found no positive contribution of neurophysiological studies towards the diagnosis of the Leigh syndrome.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Brain and Development
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Subacute necrotizing encephalomyelopathy.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1951; 24: 216-221
- Mitochondrial encephalomyopathies. A group of neuromuscular disorders with defects in oxidative metabolism.Isr J Med Sci. 1977; 13: 161-164
- Subacute necrotizing encephalomyelopathy (Leigh).Ergeb Inn Med Kinderheilkd. 1970; 29: 155-219
- Subacute necrotizing encephalomyelopathy. A review and a study of two families.Brain. 1971; 94: 1-30
- CT-scan appearances in Leigh's disease (subacute necrotizing encephalomyelopathy).Neuroradiology. 1978; 16: 48-50
- Friedreich's ataxia. Intravenous pyruvate load to demonstrate a defect in pyruvate metabolism.Neurology (Cleveland). 1984; 34: 1493-1497
- Randomized long interstimuli interval flash VEP and SSEP.Acta Neurol Belg. 1983; 83: 177-183
- Evoked potential manual. Nijhoff, Boston1983
- Brainstem auditory evoked response in the diagnosis of pediatric neurologic diseases.Neurology (NY). 1981; 31: 832-840
Literature references can be requested from the authors.
Accepted: May 9, 1986
Received: January 6, 1986
© 1986 Published by Elsevier Inc.