Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Brain and Development
- Touchscreen generation: Children’s current media use, parental supervision methods and attitudes towards contemporary media.Acta Paediatr. 2017; 106: 654-662
- Effects of television exposure on developmental skills among young children.Infant Behav Dev. 2015; 38: 20-26
- The road to diagnosis and treatment in girls and boys with ADHD - Gender differences in the diagnostic process.Nord J Psychiatry. 2021; 75: 301-305
- Prevalence and characteristics of autism spectrum disorder among children aged 4 years - Early autism and developmental disabilities monitoring network, seven sites, United States, 2010, 2012, and 2014.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2019; 68: 1-19
Maenner MJ, Shaw KA, Baio J, EdS1, Washington A, Patrick M, DiRienzo M, et al. Prevalence of autism spectrum disorder among children aged 8 years - Autism and developmental disabilities monitoring network, 11 sites, United States, 2016. MMWR Surveill Summ 2020;69(4):1–12.
- Communication skills predict social-emotional competencies.J Commun Disord. 2021; 93106138
- Association of proximal elements of social disadvantage with children’s language development at 2 years: An analysis of data from the Children in Focus (CiF) sample from the ALSPAC birth cohort.Int J Lang Commun Disord. 2018; 27: 1-15
- Early risk factors and emotional difficulties in children at risk of developmental language disorder: A population cohort study.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2019; 62: 2750-2771
- Does intention matter? Relations between parent pointing, infant pointing, and developing language ability.J Cogn Dev. 2019; 20: 635-655
- Exposure to electronic media was negatively associated with speech and language development at 18 and 24 months.Acta Paediatr. 2021; 110: 3046-3053
2021 Survey on Internet use by youths (in Japanese). Cabinet Office. 2022. Available from: https://www8.cao.go.jp/youth/kankyou/internet_torikumi/tyousa/r03/net-jittai/pdf/kekka_gaiyo.pdf.
Report on the second survey of media use by parents and children of infants and toddlers (in Japanese). Benesse Education Research Institute. 2018. Available from: https://berd.benesse.jp/up_images/textarea/%E5%85%A8%E4%BD%93%E9%80%9A%E3%81%97.pdf.
- Sleep regulation, physiology and development, sleep duration and patterns, and sleep hygiene in infants, toddlers, and preschool-age children.Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care. 2017; 47: 29-42
- Prospective associations between infant sleep at 12 months and autism spectrum disorder screening scores at 24 months in a community-based birth cohort.J Clin Psychiatry. 2018; 79: 16m11127
- The. Japanese version of the children's sleep habits questionnaire (CSHQ-J): A validation study and influencing factors.Brain and Development. 2022; 44: 595-604
- Differences between girls and boys in emerging language skills: Evidence from 10 language communities.Br J Dev Psychol. 2012; 30: 326-343
- Specific language impairment in families: Evidence for co-occurrence with reading impairments.J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2003; 46: 530-543
- Trajectories of language delay from age 3 to 5: Persistence, recovery and late onset.Int J Lang Commun Disord. 2014; 49: 304-316
- Sex differences in neurodevelopmental disorders.Curr Opin Neurol. 2019; 32: 622-666
- An Irish cohort study of risk and protective factors for infant language development at 9 months.Inf Child Dev. 2014; 23: 634-649
- The health and development of children born to older mothers in the United Kingdom: Observational study using longitudinal cohort data.BMJ. 2012; 345: e5116
- Independent and dependent contributions of advanced maternal and paternal ages to autism risk.Autism Res. 2010; 3: 30-39
- Advanced parental age and the risk of autism spectrum disorder.Am J Epidemiol. 2008; 168: 1268-1276
- Language abilities in children who were very preterm and/or very low birth weight: A meta-analysis.J Pediatr. 2011; 158: 766-774.e1
Colonnesi C, Draijer EM, Jan J M Stams G, Van der Bruggen CO, Bögels SM, Noom MJ. The relation between insecure attachment and child anxiety: A meta-analytic review. J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 2011;40(4):630–45.